Back to Today's Deal

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 1/3/19 - $8.75

Today’s deal is Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/Dragons_Dogma_Dark_Arisen/

Description:

GREG THE DRAGON

Hey. Sup. I’m Greg. I’m a dragon. Okay, okay, I’m actually more like THE dragon if we’re being real, but here’s the thing: I didn’t CHOOSE to be the force that destroys the world, and before you spend a hundred hours trying to kill me for the low low price of $8.75, I at least wanted to let you know WHY I stole your heart and made you the Arisen, because you deserve that at least, and as a dragon, you know I’m nothing if not fair…and extremely covetous, but I’m working on that part so please try and look past it.

Now, I’m not one to spoil games you’re about to buy (I’m a dragon, not a MONSTER), but let me assure you that my origins are much different than you probably expect, and by taking your heart, I’m not just some dillhole who takes people’s hearts and sits on them in my hoard, I’m legit trying to contribute to a cycle that’s been going for as long as I can remember. It’s not EXACTLY like the Circle of Life, but if you hate me, you also hate The Lion King now, so think about THAT.

And also, while you’re thinking about the loveable human qualities of creatures other than humans, did you ever think that I might just need your heart more than you? I mean, look around, right? There’s TONS of humans all over Gransys, and really, unless I’m missing something HUGE, there’s only ONE dragon, so maybe just lighten up a little bit okay? Does one human life really matter all that much? Dragons are way cooler! Wouldn’t you HOPE that someone gave up their heart for me?

Anyway, my game’s super cheap, play it to your heart’s content, but just remember, at the end, when the time comes to choose, your old pal Greg isn’t that bad of a guy.

The official trailer for Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

:sob:

If only it was a Shop Game! Almost 30k in coins. :joy:

That Cookie’s review is actually a bit spot on. It does feel like a mixture of all of them, though I wouldn’t say Skyrim entirely unless you’re trying to describe the open world aspect to someone who doesn’t really understand it or never played games like it before because otherwise they’re not really alike.

Hey chrono! Use your incredible pull to bring us dragon’s dogma online in the west too!
Would pay top dollar or coins to see that!

Here’s a friendly reminder that Itsuno (who just happens to also be the DMC lead since DMC2 DMC3) is still begging to make Dragon’s Dogma 2 if Capcom will allow it.

If anyone’s interested, just a thing or two to know about it-- it was well received despite poor sales, but its greatest complaint was that it ran like poop with a general 15-25 FPS 99% of the time. The PC version will easily run on any modern card, and with the “Variable” framerate cap it can go up to 150 FPS if desired.

It also runs on MT Framework, Capcom’s custom jank-engine of the last gen, so framerates are high, ragdolls are almost non-existent, and visuals are perfectly clean.

Also, back on PS3 and 360, this game had the most baffling main theme of its genre…