Does Anyone Need an Older GPU? (For Free)

Hi Chronies,

I am getting rid of some older stuff… went to recycle a few older PCs, laptops, tablets, etc., and came across this GPU…

It’s the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB. It was one of the more popular GPUs back when I joined Chrono, I think it was around November 2017…

I would like it to go to a good home if someone has a good use or a need for it. It is not going to be able to drive the latest games at any significant speed. But I also didn’t want to scrap it with the other electronics I brought in to recycle.

Please let me know!

Cheers!
YQMaoski

12 Likes

That’s tempting D: I have a 4GB 970 so that extra memory would be nice, but I think my 970 is still working well enough with even modern games (I don’t play AAA stuff) and is close enough in stats to the 1060 that someone else would probably make better use of it.

4 Likes

FYI. If no one here ends up wanting it, I just looked at ebay where they are selling used for about $50 to $100, so if you don’t want it to go to waste you could go that route.

ps - It is also selling there for around $40 listed as “for parts” (ie, not working).

4 Likes

One thing to consider with this thing is that it’s rather large, it’s about 11 inches long, but if you have a full size tower, it should fit fine.

6 Likes

The Doctor is IN the house! :eyes: Good to see you @YQMaoski :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: Hope you and the wifey are doing great!

3 Likes

I am just trying to get rid of this to get some good use. I don’t want to profit from it at all. If anyone wants it for free and is willing to pay for shipping, let me know. If anyone needs it and cannot afford shipping, we can maybe work something out too. Just let me know.

3 Likes

If nobody here wants it, see if Gamersnexus would be interested in it and/or be able to point you towards a donation center. IIRC they are based out of your state.

5 Likes

Need to look into them, I never even heard of them.

3 Likes

GamersNexus is in North Carolina. They’re probably the most reputable PC testing and reporting journalists out there. Steve’s willingness to sit outnumbered in a conference room and grill executives at misbehaving tech giants is nothing short of admirable. You should check out some of their content.

7 Likes

I think I have a friend who could use it. I’ll give them a call tomorrow to find out their set up.

5 Likes