Epic Games Exclusives Discussion Thread

^that (although I have used Uplay as a launcher because there’s no way I’m using Steam to launch another launcher).

3 Likes

well, that’s another pretty big title guys

AND they are lowering the price on Epic, making it a whole $10 cheaper, to pass the resulting savings on to the customer, thus setting an effective precedent for cheaper PC game releases based on this new market situation, so that’s pretty insane news I’d say

8 Likes

They saved me even more money i’ll just watch Lirik stream it now.

5 Likes

Well that actually kind of sucks, as it’s been on pre-sale on steam for a while now.
Capture

Not sure $10 cheaper matters an awful lot in the long run, taking away costumer choice is still not good competition. Steam set the precedent for cheaper PC games, all you needed was to wait for sales. I don’t think too many publishers are eager to push down release prices any further, they’ve rather been wanting to raise them for a very long time now. At least if we’re talking AAA titles, indie titles have already had far lower release prices, not seeing this taking hold as a new industry standard price point.

In the end they’re still releasing it with Denuvo so not particularly interested.

Edit: Doesn’t look cheaper to me, current epic game store price is listed at €59.99.

11 Likes

hahaha, u and me both dude

5 Likes

well, u know that from my point of view epic exclusives are bad news cuz i cant even buy those; however, i do find it exciting that things are happening in the PC sales market though, i think these changes might possibly positively affect the market with time…

5 Likes

I saw people say that apparently for those that are fine with waiting a year it will return to Steam on Feb 15 2020.

9 Likes

It’s times like these that i really miss TotalBiscuit to come in and provide a useful and credible analysis.

13 Likes

based on what though? is there any credible source for this?

4 Likes

These are the 2 things i could find about it, if i find more i’ll post it here:

EDIT
Somehow i missed this, coming from the developer:

7 Likes

That was a disgusting move of the Metro devs, in my opinion. To do so from the start is another thing, but to do it after committing to Steam and having people buy it is extremely low. I will not be buying their games now. I value integrity above all else from devs, and this just showed what they truly are.

11 Likes

Even tho i wasn’t going to buy Metro but might of bought Division 2 after awhile, this is really upsetting for me someone who is invested into Steam and someone who mostly likes what Valve is doing with steam with them taking a more libertarian approach on what games it does and does not sell (well until they start back peddling and bend the knee when someone gets mad it sells a certain type of game or something) but Steam really needs to step up and do something, I know Steam has almost no leverage compared to Epic because Epic makes bank with Fortnite so they can slash there cut and give more to the developers and same with if the games that use Unreal well Epic owns that so they can feel conformable with slashing there cut, But with steam no one uses Source Engine, And CSGO doesn’t make them as much money as it used to back when the Skin gambling was sky high. I just hope Valve/Steam can do something quick before more Triple A games pull out.

6 Likes

OKAY NOW I’M REALLY PISSED OFF, I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT AND ALREADY PRE-ORDERED IT.
THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

3 Likes

lol, if u would actually read any of the info that’s been posted here u’d know that if u pre-ordered it u will actually get it as promised when promised

3 Likes

it is $49 instead of $59; and it’s also cheaper in British pounds, so I’m pretty sure it must have been more than 60 euros then originally

edit: hm, i just see now that the article has been updated:

(UPDATE CORRECTION: This UK pricing is incorrect. Metro Exodus costs £49.99 on the Epic Games store. The price saving does not extend to the UK. Sorry for the confusion.)

so i guess that it’s only cheaper in USD, pretty weird

3 Likes

Yeah I know but i’m still pissed off about it. It’s just ridiculous. It’s obviously a move by Deep Silver and Epic just to get more money to them while screwing over the consumer. I’m very tempted just to cancel my pre-order and not give them any of my money, but regardless this may be the last game I buy from them.

3 Likes

dude, yr not giving any money to Epic as long as u pre-ordered through Steam or anyone else that is not Epic; i also kind of fail to see how exactly they are screwing over the customer (and mind u, this is coming from someone whose only option to buy games actually is Steam), it’s not like the customer can’t buy the game; it’s quite the opposite US customers (and I guess “international”/“rest of the world” customers too) are actually getting the game cheaper; so yr now arguing that offering a permanent $10 reduction screws ppl over?

and what would u do as a game publisher??? give 30% of the sale price to Steam instead of 12% to Epic? that’s just common sense rly; it’s funny ppl are bitching about this while anyone in their right mind would take the 88% deal in their daily lives on any possible product, rofl

(and yr gonna say that they should leave the choice to the customer but why should they? if they can keep an extra 18% of the sale price on every single sale by going exclusive then that does make sense rly [especially if this actually allows them to pay it forward to the customer by lowering the sale price!]; what good does giving Steam those 18% do for anyone? at least this extra money will help publishers/developers put more money in their games)

3 Likes

I meant give Deep Silver my money for shilling out to the scum that are Epic Games.

And in their position I would have kept the game on Steam and not made it exclusive, that way everyone is benefited.

4 Likes

wow though wtf; i guess u must have personal beef with them or something to take it that personally and be that outraged…

possibly yes, possibly no; it’s ez to talk shit when yr not in someone’s position, it’s a whole other game when yr the one actually making the decisions that put a lot of money on the line and affect ppl’s jobs and whatever else

I for myself have enough life experience to know that i actually don’t know what i would do if i was in their shoes

4 Likes

wow though wtf; i guess u must have personal beef with them or something to take it that personally and be that outraged…

That is completely true actually, and I’d rather not go into detail to avoid having a stroke out of anger.

possibly yes, possibly no; it’s ez to talk shit when yr not in someone’s position, it’s a whole other game when yr the one actually making the decisions that put a lot of money on the line and affect ppl’s jobs and whatever else
I for myself have enough life experience to know that i actually don’t know what i would do if i was in their shoes

I don’t doubt it, but I’d like to imagine that in their position I would keep it on both.

4 Likes