Back to Today's Deal

Diablo on GOG

Just got an email from GOG with some rather excellent news. They’ve managed to get Blizzard of all the insular entities in the gaming world to co-operate and release the good old Diablo. Not only DRM free but compatibility enhanced to work on modern systems. Not a remaster, so I don’t think there’s a worry that modern Blizzard been finger painting over the masterwork of Blizzard North either.

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo

Now you could always register your old Diablo CD keys with Blizzard to get a digital download through them, but this was not supported very well and I’m unsure of how well that copy runs on modern systems. But you can find out as this purchase seems like it’ll get you both.

The greatest hope this sparks in me though is that Diablo 2 will be up next.

woa… and i thought last time blizzard all but openly admitted people should just grab d1 along with wc1+2 from abandonware sites since they had no interest in updating or distributing/making their older, yet popular, titles available to people
this is pretty great Diablo is getting brought back “legit”, kinda gives me hope there might be a tiny narrow tunnel with a minuscule of light in it for the old warcraft games too :smiley:

that’s already available on the blizz store tho, no? :thinking:

Yeah I suppose it is and I do have my old CD keys registered and the game available to me through Blizzard. But it has no compatibility updates there and still runs in 800x600 if I’m not mistaken, though that might be moddable.

Also it looks like I’ve been mistaken as Diablo 1 is not at all available through Blizzard, even through registering old CD keys.

Warcraft would be good too though.

That’s awesome, I might end up grabbing if it’s true that you can register it in the Blizz App and if they release D2 as well.

Heck, it’s more probable to have a sale on it in GOG than at the BlizzStore.

No it will not be registerable in the BLAPP

Q: Will Diablo be available on the Blizzard Battle.net App?
A: No, Diablo will not be available for sale or download through the Battle.net App.

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :exploding_head: