Companion Chat for Mindjammer, An RPG About Chronies IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

It does feel like it’s stagnated. :frowning:

2 Likes

Stagnated? It never started.
Just a few of you even tried talking to eachother. Though it’s hard to know how to get started when there’s no concrete goal set up to discuss or work towards. I might have missed the “quest hook” but then I think everyone else did too.

2 Likes

Fair point… But I thought this was going to be a more exploration based game, so I didn’t think to make that concrete.

4 Likes

Your right in that it never started, as we got stuck in the presentations, but people just stopped responding, given how this started I expected the quest hook would be made after those lines, most of the characters are there for money, yes, but some interesting goal seemed that it was going to be set after that.

Personally other than adding a couple remarks that may be a bit off character for what I want of mine, I don’t seem to have a good prompt to speak, even so, when half our roaster remains silent despite being actively prompted to give an answer and the DM trying to move forward.

I guess I could just speak out with what I was given just to keep the thread alive and see if it recovers, but going on dragging the other characters don’t strike me like the proper way to go.

5 Likes

It’s felt a bit like that.

Also if I’m honest, I didn’t really understand the single user active rooms bit, and having not played Talos Principal, the reference didn’t help. So I was waiting. I suppose I could have asked in character, but with that and the bunch of unanswered questions it seemed like there were plenty of prompts for others to jump in.

3 Likes

I will answer that question here then:

The Talos principal was used here as an example (not a direct plot reveal). What I was trying to say is that this game is going to be more about a slow discovery of what has happened, unlike Portal which is something where the system has gone rouge and continues testing long after it was closed down.

The main reason I said this was because I didn’t want to promote the idea that the current user has gone rouge, because @Inferry is the facility…and although @Inferry is the only user, they may not necessarily have full access to things.

I am going to make another shot at explaining things tomorrow.

EDIT: New post up. I am hopeful this will clarify reasons to move forward, directions to take or why it matters… At the same time, I am trying not to reveal some of the little things that in my mind make more sense to come up later… but if for whatever reason you aren’t feeling compelled to act, ask some questions… Where possible I will answer them in as much detail as I can.

2 Likes

Felt it was time to move it along

3 Likes

2 Likes

I do hope that things do continue in some capacity…

2 Likes

@discobot roll 5d6

1 Like

:game_die: 2, 4, 6, 5, 2

1 Like

@discobot please locate my honda

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot roll 4d6

https://206.81.1.216/t/playing-mindjammer-an-rpg-about-chronies-in-spaaaaaaaace/10284/188

I was struggling with whether or not to have your character open the door… Let me know if you want that the change.

1 Like

:game_die: 4, 5, 1, 2

discobot, what’s the problem?

disclaimer: this is all a lie; pls don’t tell me mum

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Just getting close for now hahaha It’s weird to wander around while people are just there buuut…

2 Likes

Well eventually the door will need to be opened.

2 Likes

meanwhile, back on Earth, I’m filing a complaint at the local Honda dealership

2 Likes