Chrono.gg Game Nights?

Now, this is only a suggestion, so I’m just going to put my ideas out there:

I thought it would be fun to have a Chrono.gg Community Game Night every Friday (or another date). Games could include browser games (e.g skribbl.io) and or games that we all have in our Steam/GOG libraries (e.g UNO, Borderlands, CS:GO).

Of course, game night would need some planning in order to bring such a thing into fruition, so I would like your take on the topic.

Positives, negatives, and personal thoughts/opinions about this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Edit #1: Suggestions noted, everyone! Thank you for giving your thoughts (especially @Fraggles).

Edit #2: Poll

What game(s) would be a good fit for game night?

• Chivalry
  • CSGO
  • Borderlands 2
  • Broforce
  • Castle Crashers
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Don’t Starve: Together

0 voters

14 Likes

There;s this if you are interested in playing with fellow chronies :wink: https://206.81.1.216/t/board-game-night/13395/301

14 Likes

Looked through the post, definitely will check it out!

7 Likes

I am trying to keep my board gaming nights initiative focused on board games in particular because it makes it easier, possible at all, to coordinate and find interested parties while maintaining an idea of who has which games.

I would not at all be opposed to and even like to join a similar thing for other games, but I really do not want to muddle groups into a big general “hey lets maybe play something some time” pile of noncommittal people.

From personal experience I would not recommend trying to make it a scheduled weekly thing though. People tend to have too much going on in their lives to commit time to show up regularly. Try instead to set up an event 3-4 days ahead of time and see what sort of responses you get out of interested people. Even then still be prepared to have to go hunt them down and drag them to the table at the appointed time.

Also I’m sure you’ll quickly find that games you think everyone has a large number of people wont have. It took me a good 6 months of consistent pestering and pushing bundles on people until I had a large enough selection of people with access to a number of games before we could really start reliable get gaming nights happening.

15 Likes

Sounds like fun tho idk how many multiplayer games i actually keep in my steam account tho other than a handful of free (but good ones) or obscure ones lol

8 Likes

I’ll only join if I’m allowed to headshot @Vandem.

Thank you.

11 Likes

I’m interested!

9 Likes

yup, I have never played CS:GO and don’t have UNO or Borderlands in my library lol.

8 Likes

No CS:GO or Uno for me either.

I stuck my BL2 key in my bestie’s Steam Library as her computer can find it better. :slight_smile:

I can attest to Frags really putting effort into making Board game night happen. These guys got me into Orange Juice and Love Letter when they were bundled. Both quite fun to play on your own and in group.

8 Likes

for me it’s also (besides time issue) not just about not having a game, but the “willingness” to play certain games
Choose/list some games, and it will be a lot easier to arrange stuff for XYZ session for a given time.
stuff like CS:GO, tf2, dota just to mention a few (potentially) easily available, is just the kind i’ve no interest in playing, at all, even with friends
Destiny, the division is also games i’ve no interest in, but i’d have no issues fooling around in Borderlands on the other hand for instance
Had plenty of fun with some chronies in a round of Speedrunners so there are definitely coop options out there,
i have a bunch of games so i’m sure there could be some overlaps here and there with people, but it would be hard for me to just give a "blanket"yes to stuff if yer get my meaning

9 Likes

oh boy, we are talking shooters now? If you were afraid when I was throwing cards and tiles at you, you better not give me a gun, my young innocent lady.

Challenge accepted though. Bring it on, Elmo!

12 Likes

:fire: SATAN HAS ACCEPTED YOUR CHALLENGE :fire:

0a5dd926-6a8e-4a20-a114-45651a1cef50

12 Likes

I don’t play a lot of shooters, but I’d be in for Borderlands or EDF.

5 Likes

I’m down for CSGO. But please be aware, I’m realllyyyyyy good at it.

Dota Underlords too. (although I’m the lowest in terms of ranking compared to the rest of my fellow Chrono colleagues.)

5 Likes

Since CSGO is free now I wouldn’t mind joining in. Depends on how serious you’re looking to take it though. If we’re going to be getting upset about losing then never mind.

I used to be entirely decent at FPS, not so much counterstrike though and the last time I played it at all was before 1.6.

4 Likes

this. I bought CS:GO and haven’t played it mostly for that fact of I am not really interested in the ranking.

4 Likes

My message was sarcastic. I only know 2 maps. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Definitely down for CSGO as well.

4 Likes

Count me in if you need somebody to step on to rank up :smiley: I have notorious bad luck in this game. Don’t actually know how the party setup works though.

5 Likes

CSGO might just be a good contender for a game night since everyone can probably access it in some way.

Now it begs the question - would anyone even want to play CSGO?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes