Chrono Community Names

We were having a lively conversation on a different and unrelated thread on this topic, @KSib, thanks for splitting and merging: See all details below:

TL;DR version from over there:

@Nateninja21 suggested Chronoions, which sparked a lot of discussion.
@Gnuffi had suggested Chronizens, which had positive and negative reviews.
@Gnuffi points out that he had tried Chronians before, also with mixed reviews.
I tried some newer names, such as ChronoKnights, ChronoCrusaders, or ChronoCoineers, which @Gnuffi interpreted perfectly, see below for details.

Due to the heavy Emoji use, I suggested possibly: ChronoMojiers… quite jokingly, of course.

As the discussion has been so lively, I thought it might be good to continue this healthy discussion away from the giveaway thread and so here we are.

5 Likes

Not entering, but good on ya mate

I think it has been discussed before where “Chronies” was the name given to members

11 Likes

Chronies has been what we have been going with, until @Gnuffi used “Chronizens” yesterday:

7 Likes

Which is much, much better.

6 Likes

I disagree, Chronies is so great because it’s also a pun where as Chronizens is just a bastardisation.

11 Likes

I’ll freely admit it’s a personal preference…Crony is just a word that I’ve never been overly fond of.

5 Likes

17 Likes

:thinking:
that darn gnome, -always making up words, causing waves and confusing people… :smirk:

:smile:

PS. much appreciation @Aut0P1ay :slightly_smiling_face:, it warms a grumpy cynics heart when people continue to be so generous and giving to others :blush: :hugs:
and starting of like this as your first act, well; bravo & bonus salutations to you :+1: :trophy: :smiley:
(not entering just wanted to say thank you very much for doing this)

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhh. Thats much better than mine :+1:

5 Likes

Wow me calling people Chronions made a bug uproar :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

no worries :wink:
i tried “Chronians” once too :thinking:

that didn’t go over so well with some either :grimacing:
:smile:

i guess “the people” wants chronies?, :thinking: -and not some “bastardized variation”… :man_shrugging:

:rofl: :+1:

7 Likes

I will forever remember this day as “Mistakes We’re Made”

4 Likes

To each his/her own, I don’t mind anything anyone calls us, as long as we all know what/who we are talking about. :slight_smile:

I like Chronies because of the pun in it too. But I actually thought it was a silly name at first, due to it sounding like we are a shady bunch. Chronizens sounds like it could fly, as long as people get used to it. Chronions/Chronians looks funny, again, not against anyone, it just looks funny to me.

In any case, there are things I was thinking, like:

ChronoKnights (ChronoCnights?, that looks awful, problem is it might exclude the ladies).
ChronoCrusaders (sounds too religious, might offend some people).
ChronoCoineers (I really like this one, but that might just be me, might be considered a serious bastardization/bastardisation).
There are others that have floated through my head before… My mind just won’t shut up!

5 Likes

When the community made up its mind to be call the “Chronies” They seemed to latch on and let no hands of us to pry it off (not that I wanted to)

2 Likes

Well, we are the community… LOL, it’s not like it’s some obscure entity that is completely intangible. feel free to speak your mind and perhaps if you change the minds of enough people, you will then sway the general opinion. :smile:

5 Likes

Yes we are all apart of this amazing community :wink:
But I was not here when that was made final :scream_cat:

6 Likes

As language, as culture, as flowing stream, is ever-changing,
Finalization is a human concept, ironically, is ever-fleeting.
We are this community, and this community is us,
Ready to adapt, eager to learn, without any fuss.
Respecting one another, your ideas and opinions,
Will be heard by all of us, we Chrono minions.

9 Likes

A great poem and I 100% agree :+1:
And I think we forgot this is a giveaway topic :frowning_with_open_mouth:
But I guess it’s final we are know as the Chronies. Meeting adjourned.

4 Likes

:thinking:
hmmm…

• "ChronoCrusaders"; zealous people with repeat attackscomplaints against the holy Coin Shop and few regards

• "ChronoKnights"; those sworn to valour(their gold&red heart knows only virtue) by the Round Coin, and “whiteishly” protects the promised page and its holy relics

?
:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :man_shrugging:

:rofl: :smile:

6 Likes

Or the ChronoMojiers… Based on how many of these little guys we use. :rofl:

I love your interpretations! This is fantastic.

Any thoughts about ChronoCoineers? :smile:

@Aut0P1ay, sorry for the complete derailment of this thread, though it does occur often. I started a different thread to continue the discussion, perhaps a mod could split/merge/move this section?

5 Likes