Chrono Coins - A Super Send-Off ‘Stravaganza

im sad that is ending i saved up 33k for to spend and i would have just spent it on the 5 new ones, but it was to late and now i cant get anything good. but that’s ok i hope your new project is going well. and man i joined when TB was promoting you guys, oh man man is been just 2 years since his passing. i miss the guy, gaming just not the same in the world after he past. wish you guys the best of luck.

7 Likes

It was fair. It has been fair. Everyone was notified. You weren’t around for the apocalypse I’m sorry, there’s literally nothing left and your coins aren’t worth anything round here. You got any food?

6 Likes

that would be fair then???

there’s ppl out there that would be getting $1,500 off then :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

might as well just file for bankruptcy then

also, as others have commented on

aren’t you posting in the very thread that has the announcement in it from weeks ago?
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I would maybe consider subscribing to a newsletter, but there is no way I am turning on web browser-based notifications for anything other than chat apps

2 Likes

They post their daily deals on Twitter as well. But i don’t use Twitter or anything like that, nor the email or notifications. I just have this forum open every day as one of my start-up pages cuz i enjoy this community so much, and it’s a way for me to keep afloat of gaming news (besides checking gamespot every day, but their news page rly sucks cuz they keep just reposting the same articles over and over again just so Google thinks they have “new” content so i have to glance over the same old shit just to see the new shit) so I’m informed of the daily deals every day cuz they get posted here too.

And there’s lots of giveaways here too, though i rarely enter those these days. There’s at least 2 going on right now.

5 Likes

I don’t have notifications, I don’t follow the Chrono Twitter, I don’t get the email newsletters. I just check the site when I remember. I saw the notice when I went to the main page the day it went up, and then again when I checked the community, it was hard to miss.

If you missed it, it wasn’t Chrono’s fault at all.

That said, I didn’t get any games from the last two batches because the games I was interested were sold out by the time I checked. But that’s also on me - good games have been going very quick for the past several months, I had ample warning that if I wanted a chance at something cool, I’d most likely have to be on the ball with checking. This competition for the free keys (and the fact that they’re not free to Chrono) is likely a big reason the coin shop is getting closed in the first place.

If all you got out of Chrono were the coins and coin shop games and you saw so little value in the rest of the site that you want to be compensated for your “work” in getting the coins, have you considered that maybe you’re not Chrono’s target audience? The coin shop wasn’t made just to get you free stuff.

13 Likes

:clap:

3 Likes

Do you still want it?

3 Likes

Just freakin great… I have all these coins saved up and have nothing to purchase. I log in to see 5 games with a new banner in the sold out section. Many of which i would have purchased. I didnt log in as much because i work long hours and the time i did have I was working on getting my car back on the road. Also, the games that are usually up for grabs 95% of the time are games that most people will pass on. Then when i log in after not being in for a while I’m hit with the news that not only did I miss quite a few games that I would have purchased with my saved up coins but also there won’t be anymore games after this point and all my coins that i saved up will go in the trash and can’t be used on anything enjoyable. I feel like i got played! Let’s be real though, there’s only one reason why someone would get rid of a system that basically allows you to get games for free…

Has anyone mentioned the idea of keeping the coins around but not have them do anything? Or maybe leave them there as something you spend to get profile badges that do nothing or can be traded or something? Just seems strange to make them all go away when it brings so many people around and long time users have so many, might as well just downgrade them rather than delete them.

3 Likes

I think they toyed around with the idea of being able to use coins for customization, but I think in the overall logistics, it was deemed impractical and/or unrealistic from the necessary features that need to go into the site/forums. I am pretty sure that is what I have read previously when it was first announced.

4 Likes

Yeah I figured. Designing the infrastructure and the designs for the badges or whatever would take work. I wonder how many people would want the the coins to stay and just do nothing at all other than being a number on your account.

3 Likes

Count me as one of them, for sure.

6 Likes

+1 I mean it’s not like had stocks the values tanked. Plus, once the coin shop closes, I don’t think we’ll even see the amount?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that, but I think it would be confusing for new users. “What are these coins for?” “Why can’t I do anything with them?”

5 Likes

Well it was a nice little idea. First found the site when I saw Totalbiscuit talking about it and have always checked in on the deals and only bought one game (think it was shadow warrior 2 pack) and only used coins for 1 game but it was nice checking in every day to see a new deal and get coins. Might not be checking in so much anymore, but I hope you guys continue to prosper!

4 Likes

My first reply to this thread is literally on the first page, I did not just notice this announcement. Also, I’m not saying “hurr durr I put so much work into farming coins and they are all lost”, my issue is the lack of incentive to come to the site daily, while subsequently not having notification options available that I would not mind using. Tweets get lost in my feed, the Discord notifications I almost always miss, I am definitely not turning browser-based notifications on, and I’m practically guaranteed to forget to check the site regularly otherwise. Coins helped remind me to come back here daily and I made quite a few purchases for various deals as a result. The last sentence there is really contradictory, the entire point of the coin shop was to spend coins you’ve earned, so basically to get you free stuff.

4 Likes

we still don’t know what Chrono will do, so you can’t know that for sure; they said:

so before saying anything, ppl should at least wait and see; perhaps you will be even more incentivized to come to the site daily, or perhaps you’ll be way more incentivized to be part of the community or to check the daily deals for some other reason, or perhaps the store will become something more than just a daily-deal vehicle; we just dont know yet

@Scribesake has also shared plenty of ideas/thoughts/theories (some explicitly and clearly based on facts/announcements/things that are taking place) on what’s coming in this very thread, so maybe you can take a look at those as well

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be great to finally have that off of my wishlist.

1 Like

But the worst part is that it seems like only maybe 10% were bought by people who wanted them, everything else just immediately went up for trades or giveaways by “generous” people who took them from people here who actually wanted them.

2 Likes