Back to Today's Deal

Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare® - 1/12/19 - $8.50

Today’s deal is Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/7940/Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare/

Description:

A MAN CALLED SOAP

Look, look, look: okay, full disclosure, we know that the main dude’s name isn’t actually Soap, it’s John, but just in case you’ve never played this watershed modern-style online military game before, everyone in the game KNOWS him as Soap McTavish, and to us, that’s a pretty weird name to have roll over your ears everyday to help form your identity. Like, can you imagine hearing someone say the word “Soap” and being like “…Yes?” Not even actual soap can claim it does that, because it’s a totally inanimate object, and can’t actually DO anything.

Like what if when you were upstairs gaming as a kid, your mom hollered up to you like “SOOOOOOAP! YOUR DOG PEED ON THE DRAPES AGAAAAAIN”? Number one, your neighbors would be confused as to whether she was asking for some soap to clean it herself or if she wanted you to do it, but number two, how come in this scenario you haven’t potty-trained your dog? I know we were the ones who created the hypothetical, but we still can’t help but judge a little bit.

Anyway, point is, Soap’s a weird name, Call of Duty 4 is an incredibly timeless classic from a company that has made some incredible shooters over the years, and today, if you want to finally play it at max settings on your sick-ass rig, we’ve got it for you here at Chrono for less than it costs to buy large quantities of most actual soaps. Also ghillie suits make you look like a cryptid, which is mostly irrelevant, but kind of badass.

The official trailer for Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.![game-og-

best, Call, of, Duty ! :clap: (along with BO1)
no mtx, no loot boxes, even has unlockable cheat modes in the campaign after completion, user dedicated servers no silly 16player peer to peer stuff, and ofc; a golden AK47 :yum:
'member when games were still games?

holy heckle cookie did i put a lot of hours into that game back in the day :smiley:, highly recommended :+1:
(caveat, no clue what the (private) server population are these days)

Thems fighting words there. Clearly Big Red One > All other CoD titles

The only CoD I’ve ever played… :heart:

are you daring to claim that the preference of a medium is entirely individual and in no way objective, even tho Papa Tom just so happens to agree with my conclusion(and is obviously in no way cherry-picked just to fit my stance), and thus such ranking is almost insignificant amidst dissimilar sentiments? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
preposterous ! :triumph: -rapiers at dawn :face_with_monocle:

:rofl: :hugs:

is this the old non-remastered version?

yea
given it doesn’t say remastered, it links to the original games store page, and the regular price is 20$ -pretty fair bet it’s the original 2007 version :+1: