Buff Back Giveaway: Final Round - Game 16 is officially over

Unfortunately, your guess is incorrect.
I’m thinking of another series with a similar premise/title.

I’ll be sure to check out the one you mentioned when I can though.

4 Likes

Oh, right, a bar, not a restaurant. I think I know the right one. Can I guess again right away or would it be not in the spirit of the game?
PS that series is quite good from what I hear.

3 Likes

It’s fine. There’s no rule against that sort of thing.

I saw the anime a couple of years ago and liked it a lot; too bad they didn’t make more seasons for it.
I just started reading the manga recently.

4 Likes

All right then.
Is it Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World?
(light novels - Isekai Izakaya “Nobu”, anime - Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu

5 Likes

Correct!
Please let me know what prize you’d like via PM and I’ll send it your way shortly after. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s time to change things up with the next game!

Game 7:

Sizzle spots a truck that’s quickly swerving off course and heading for a cliff. He swiftly enters the the truck by using his ghost tricks, but the brakes are jammed and the only way to force the car to stop is by entering the correct password, which the driver has forgotten in his panic. If you guess too many wrong letters, the system will lock up and it’ll be the end of the driver and their passenger.

:skull_and_crossbones:______:truck:
:skull_and_crossbones:|

P A N I C - D A N C E

Guesses Left: 5
Incorrect Letters: T, L, R, S, K

Rules:

• This is a game of hangman, a game where you suggest letters in an attempt to uncover a word, phrase, or sentence. The game has a limited amount of guesses and once that’s reached it’s game over.

• In this session, you’ll be working together to uncover a specific phrase.

• Each player is only allowed to suggest one letter at a time/per post. Every letter that is incorrect/isn’t part of the phrase will move the truck closer to the cliff. Once the truck goes over the cliff, the game is over.

• If the game ends in failure a new phrase will be used. This resets the entire game.

7 Likes

Well, for Hangman, I always start with a vowel, chances are pretty high to have one.

Usually in hangman we know the number of letters though, so this is going to be slightly more challenging.

First guess:

Letter “E”

6 Likes

Correct.

With the first correct letter, the screen’s light begins to flicker into view.
The slots for the remaining letters appear afterward.

6 Likes

Oki. I’ll go for ‘T’. nervous

5 Likes

And now I’m reading an article on best Hangman strategies. And as these things tend to be, it’s quite more involved than I first expected :nerd_face:
Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Incorrect.

The truck remains on course toward the cliff.
You can feel the people tensing up further.

6 Likes

Only an E at the end, so I will follow up with another vowel: A

5 Likes

Correct.

With another correct letter showing up on the display, the people in the truck are feeling a bit less tense.
Perhaps there’s still hope.

5 Likes

Hmm, what to guess…
How about L?
PS Does anyone else find the cooperative yet competitive nature of this game interesting?

4 Likes

Niceee, I always used to play hangman as a kid.

What about “R”?

4 Likes

Both are incorrect.

The truck begins to swerve erratically and frightens the people within it.

5 Likes

What’s the competitive nature of this game?

I will try “s” :yum:

3 Likes

Incorrect.

One of the truck’s wheels runs over a pothole and makes everyone jump slightly.

5 Likes

Maybe k?

3 Likes

Go for i

4 Likes