Board game night

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

“muito bem!”

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Which remidns me of one of my favorite Brazilian video ever, B U T E C O:

This, my international friends, is where we drink cachaça :brazil:

6 Likes

Pica%20pau

“Butecos” are some of the most fun places in the world :joy::joy::joy:, you just sit and wait for 10 minutes and I guarantee you will see something bizarre / funny happen :rofl:

I dont know if it’s any consolation, but it’s been some time since I’ve been here and I’m practically a ghost. :ghost: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

My proudest Mahjong win yet! :blush: :white_flower:

Thanks for the fun couple of rounds – of which he won the second – and tile-throwing, @Fraggles!

We’re hoping we can get a full house on voip tomorrow, if anyone is up. I might even skip – due to work and packing – but Fraggles will host the game and I’m always happy to hear some folk killed themselves on the pit trying to get a seat at the table. :hocho:

7 Likes

Mahjong happening now, we have 1 slot open. It’s free to join open to any takers!

2 Likes

Sadly, I am at work now :disappointed:

2 Likes

Totally missed that. Steam hasn’t been open all day… Might nap soon now though - gotta to rest.

2 Likes

This is a game that kind of straddles the divide between “board game” and other video games. It’s a co-operative card game/deck builder, resource management sim sort of thing and a game I thought looked like it could be a good bit of fun. It is now also dirt cheap so I’m throwing the question out here, who wants to pick this up and play with me?

5 Likes

@Fraggles I like the card system so I dropped it in my cart. Bed soon though. I shouldn’t still be up.

3 Likes

Go get some sleep, make your purchase decision tomorrow with a fresh and rested mind. No need to hurry.
Have a good night and sweet dreams.

3 Likes

Aw thanks, we’ll chat more about it tomorrow. :heart:

3 Likes

I like the look of this one too.

3 Likes

That looks like it’s just a single player game unfortunately.

1 Like

@Fraggles Oh… Trust to fall for the style and miss the most important detail. >.< Seems it’s Board game weekend, so much to look through - as long as the prices are good. :sunny:

They put Book of Demons in there too, but tbh, it’s more of a clicker than anything else, lovely as it is. In the demo, 15 mins was my max - didn’t want to hurt the paw.

1 Like

Just thought I would share this.

4 Likes

Notice nobody much owns UNO. Only played it once as a kid, so can’t remember much. No one likes it really?

Also, I have a key for The Warlock of Firetop Mountain I kept forgetting to activate. Seems lots of Chronies have it. Anybody remember enjoying it?

1 Like

Warlock of firetop mountain is again a single player game, it looks good though. I’m certainly going to try it out at some point.

UNO can be good fun, but it’s a bit on the simplistic side for what I want out of board games. It also requires a ubisoft account so that’s a no thanks from me. Would rather play UNO through tabletop simulator if anyone really wanted to play UNO

4 Likes

I like it. It’s essentially a choose your own adventure type story where you are going on an adventure to the top of firetop mountain. You have different characters to choose each with their own motivations and story. It’s really good IMO.

3 Likes

I didn’t enjoy Warlock of Firetop Mountain as much as I expected. It’s not a straight conversion from the book that I loved as a teenager. They’ve changed the combat to a grid-based move and hit. It was just a bit of a let-down. Which was a shame because the other aspects of the game were nicely done: Your character hops when it moves like a little miniature and the level builds around you as you explore.

3 Likes

Same here. I thought i will just love it to bits but i ended up just … liking it. Most definitely worth a play if one is interested in this genre but it didint hook me as much as i would have liked .

1 Like

Aw… sorry you guys didn’t enjoy it much. It does like very cute though, your little piece hopping around and expanded the scene. Never heard of it until lately, so no book to compare it with, but I get how you’d be disappointed.

@Fraggles I keep nuzzling single player games, honestly I didn’t mean to, lol. Shouldn’t try to read stuff while I’m up late and sleepy much. >.<

2 Likes