Back to Today's Deal

Board game night

Quoth my Best Friend: Ooh! I love Love Letter. You should get it, it’s really fun".

Quoth me: Tier 1 on Humble Board Game bundle = tick

6 months ago I started seriously looking into physical real boardgames. I have always been a digital PC gamers (on sandbox-games, heavy lore and simulation games). I purchased TTS on Steam because I wanted check all the cards collections at Adventure Time Card Wars genre.

Fast Forward till now. I’ve played at least 15 different boardgames on TTS, Subscribed over 11 pages of games. Loaded Maybe 35 games.

It’s very depressing how many hours I’ve put into TTS. But I have learned such a great deal and see tons of game’s rule and gameplay. I enjoy continue to spend time inside TTS to see new games.

Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately very few of us here have Tabletop sim and while it has a lot of potential it’s also kind of finicky to set up and get everything right some times. I would really like to start using it more myself.

We got a good round of Love Letter in today. I had heard good things about it, which is why I’ve been recommending it, but I was still surprised at how fun it was to play. So anyone who has not yet done so, go pick up $1 tier of the running board games humble bundle.

The last turn came down to a one final play for the victory with everyone on the same score. Congratulations to @Danacscott for pulling out ahead of the rest of us with a clutch handmaiden forcing @kylehayman361 into a final losing discard play.

Fraggles, thank you for showing me and everyone of us here of Love Letter. I felt like if I am a mainly solo digital gamer with occasionally play multi-players games. Then Love Letter is not the thing I would need at all. I almost purchased that bundle 2 days ago.

To be extremely honest, besides Adventure Time Card Wars. Adventure Time’s edition of Love Letter was also the key factor of me purchasing TTS. I still cannot find a local store that sells Adventure Time Love Letter (physical not digital version). While the game is merely 16 USD on Amazon, the shipping cost alone is over 30USD. Crazy eh? I said to myself, I rather print those out and play Love Letter with the help of TTS. I never printed those out yet, strangely and fortunately.

I always consider myself extremely lucky and abundance as I am not as demanding as my friends when it comes to games. I know if the games are good for me, suits me and its something I must play/try. I never need to chase after them (Of course like most people, I’ve learned that from hard way). 4 days ago. While I were in a charity shop. I’ve found 8 Xbox360 games, they are 0.62USD each (in my city, money currency is MOP, it’s 5 MOP each)
It would be super stupid not to buy those, wouldn’t it? Especially the titles are:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
L. A. Noire
Dishonored
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Borderlands
Borderlands 2

Seriously for 5 USD (40MOP). I purchased those AAA titles. Yes, I had Lego Marvel Super Heroes on Steam (I purchased that from Humble Bundle store with 5 USD, since 3 years ago, I’ve only played 4 hours of the game never checked back on it thus far sadly); Yes I’ve claimed Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on Ubisoft store when it was free (never played it); Pretty sure I have L.A.Noire (never used nor gifted the code yet, Humble Bundles) and one of the Bat Man games on Humble bundles too (I remember it was free? I have never played it). But It makes no sense not to buy those 8 Xbox360 titles. Even combat/ stealth action-adventure games are not my genre. I can always trade those for games I know I will cherish.

2 months ago, I visited the same charity shop. I also found 6 others XBox360 titles with same price for each. All legal and official copies. They were AAA titles back in their days. Yes, I am #blessed to have an second hand Xbox360 console with 4 controllers too, 20 USD from another charity shop, it came with 10 illegal copy of games, so I cannot use that console to use any XBox Live features, unfortunately. It is still a great gift from universe, isn’t it? Thank you for kindness of those donors. I’ve purchased a legal copy of Call of Duty World At War with 0.15 USD (no box, just disc, what a deal!) soon after I own that XBox360 (not a fan of CoD either, played 20 minutes max)

I’ve heard good things at solo mode in that Love Letter digital version, from Steam review. It must be rather cute. I am glad you guys had a great game.

By the way, these are what I have in my Steam library that are considerably tabletop digital versions:
Tickets to Ride
Mysterium
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Tabletopia - Wingspan
Cthulhu Realms
Gremlins
Hand of Fate (but that’s solo)

That shop is awesome! Gratz on the good buys. Before my bestie and Chrono family, only board I really knew was snakes and ladders, lol.

Physically, we have Forbidden Island and Splendor.

Digitally, I have 100% Orange Juice, Love Letter, Ticket to Ride and Mysterium. Don’t own Tabletop Simulator, but it does look like it’d be really good to have. It’s usually on sale for $20 in my currency and really, I’d rather stash that and get Devil May Cry 4 or 5 at some point.

Really happy with all I own for board game night. :slight_smile: Only one never played is Mysterium.

PS: Anyone know of a good multiplayer Chess game I can bookmark? I’d enjoy learning to play properly if I had a willing and patient soul to play it with me. :slight_smile:

I don’t right now but when you do get one HMU I friggin’ love chess, no matter how bad I am at it.

edit: it seems theres a few online chess things but none of them look secure, other than that there is a lot on mobile phones?

Ding ding! Me too - never great at it, but do love it. :slight_smile: One of my silly dreams is one of those beautiful glass chess sets - sigh, so very pretty.

My phone is a hand-me-down sorta - an iPhone 4 with iOS7.1, so most of the time apps tell me - NOPE! You can’t install me, sorry.

Still it’d worthwhile to look into browser options. Maybe I can dig up a reputable one. For sure, it’s worth a try. =^_^=

if you get one send me a message on steam :smiley:

matches never take long so if I’m online I should be able to play.

shoudn’t really have been a problem though I thought, I had an iphone5 recently (also a hand me down) and that played dragon ball legends for 3 months.

There’s countless sites for playing chess online, ranging in levels of seriousness, running in browser or using their own clients.

just the top 3 results searching DDG for “chess online”

I used to think I enjoyed chess for a while, back when I just messed around playing against my sister and complete novice friends. Then I played against someone who actually played seriously, studied the game and knew a bunch of stuff and I realized how big a difference there was there. Also realized I would never be arsed to put in the dedication to even start getting better and figured I’ll just stick to video games. : )

Nope! Nah way. Just for fun - remembering a million and one openings is likely not for me.

I’ve been to the 1st link already - it’s where I was re-learning the rules etc. Kyle had said he didn’t know about sites being “secure”. Not sure what he meant.

I have this game…hard copy somewhere…I think :thinking:

Or it could be this one…

I know I have both…But in different formats.

I do have one on my PC that i can send you…It’s old too. I am not sure it will play on Win10; it does play on Win7. But it does have different pieces/boards plus you can play 2 people/ or Network/Lan or the AI. But I can’t find the rules…Which is strange.

pretty sure I’ve seen those played by game grumps! the bottom one is the ones with the silly battle animations I think, I’d enjoy them if so haha

@Danacscott It’s not free but I’ve had this one wishlisted for a while

it’s probably the prettiest chess game I’ve ever seen, but some of the features are a little barebones. I’d still like it though.

How good is Tabletop Sim’s chess?

I’ll be honest when you said chess my first thought was:

Cool. Thanks! It’d be worth a try. Perhaps that compatibility mode option will help?

Chess and giggling. Fun times. :stuck_out_tongue:

No kidding! The different styles of pieces and environments is such an awesome idea too. Baby steps though - want to learn play properly again, lol. The game is pretty new, so no sale there for a while.

Dunno. Even if there is a demo, it may not include all the features. Good question.

Also, I remember that graphic! Gee, haven’t seen that in a while. :slight_smile:

Did find some apps that my pauvre iPhone can run. Got to try them out on the morrow. Tonight I did some more crafty stuff and then practiced 100% Orange Juice and Love Letter a bit. :slight_smile:

A good free (and kind of ridiculous) chess app on iPhones (maybe android, I’m not sure) is called Really Bad Chess. It’s fun to mess around with.

Tabletop Sim’s Chess has an upside and a downside.

The upside is that as a physics sandbox, you can heavily modify the setting, introduce timers or other quality of life changes that you want.

On the other hand, as a physics sandbox the rules are only what you implement/can police yourself, the game doesn’t stop you from just moving pieces out of turn or making illegal moves, though the rewind feature can help to fix these things.

The lichess app is pretty nice if you have an Android.

You tell me. Check your PMs. :hugs:

They both have animation. Here’s another one with animation.

If you want the one I sent, @Danacscott, let me know…it’s called Grand Master Chess 25.

Edit: I left out the other one i found with animation…