Best games for controller on PC?

I recently bought wireless xbox 360 controller for my PC to play some platformers.
Now I kinda liked the controller feel and would like to play some more.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Have you played Guacamelee? It’s great!

3 Likes

There are many, many games available for the PC that have native controller support. Pretty much every AAA title released on PS3or4 and Xbox360or1 that is also on the PC has controller support. Also every indie game that has been released on the PS4 and Xbox1 has controller support, even Early Access games like Ark: Survival Evolved. Even games like Team Fortress 2 and CSGo have limited controller interaction. It really does depend on what games you like in order to make a recommendation. Rocket League is an excellent choice if you haven’t already purchased it on another platform, even if you have, the graphical bump and smooth fps make the PC a compelling choice.

2 Likes

Something I’ve been doing recently is searching for controller support when looking for games on steam. It’s a nice way to still apply other filters but make sure the game itself plays well on a controller.

Some recent games I’ve really enjoyed using the controller:

4 Likes

I second all of these, particularly Rocket League. Third person action games like Darksiders also benefit from a controller, and I highly recommend They Bleed Pixels if you want an NES hard platformer.

4 Likes

For those not already aware, Rocket League is available in the latest Humble Monthly for 12 dollars (plus the benefit of getting a load of other games). With over 350 hours, I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

All the Arkham Batmans, Bastion, Transistor, Bioshock 1 2 and Infinite, Borderlands series,Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Darksiders 1 and 2 (as @VogonPoet mentioned), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, Cook Serve Delicious, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, DmC: Devil May Cry, Dreamfall Chapters, Duet, Dungeon Defenders, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, Forced: Slightly Better Edition, every Telltale game, most racing series including DiRT and GRID and Gas Guzzlers, Giana Twisted Sisters, Grow Home, Hand of Fate, entire Van Helsing series, Lost Planet series, Magic: The Gathering series, Magicka series, Marvel Heroes MMO, Metro 2033/Metro: Last Light, Shadows of Mordor, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Never Alone, Mirror’s Edge, Oceanhorn, Portal 1 and 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla, every Resident Evil game, Remember Me, Rise of the Tomb Raider/Tomb Raider reboot, Rocket League as @Dermac mentioned, Ryse: Son of Rome, Rogue Legacy, Sacred 3, Sanctum 2, Skulls of the Shogun, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops: The Line, Thief, entire Trine series, Valkyria Chronicles and most jRPGs including all Final Fantasy games, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Victor Vran, X Rebirth, XCOM 1 and 2.

2 Likes

Binding of Isaac- Rebirth,

1 Like

If you have a bunch of games in your library and aren’t sure what to play with your controller check this site out. Load up your library and select the Fully Controller support (or Partial Controller support - which often work just well and don’t show up in Big Picture’s library AFAIK).

1 Like

I’m currently playing Dust: An Elysian Tail, and it’s a blast. The art is great, the gameplay is smooth. It’s even an amazing port if you are wanting to play with kb+m too. I definitely recommend giving it a look.

1 Like

Race the Sun. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love it.

I’d like to recommend Mark of the Ninja. It’s a really good stealth/action platformer, in my opinion probably one of the best.

It has good mechanical depth and allows you to tackle levels in plenty of manners, whether you want to slink off into the shadows to hide and pass by without notice, silently murder everyone in your wake or scare the guards until they start panicking and shooting each other the game offers gear and gadgets to accomplish what ever you may please.

There’s also a really good story tying it all together, none of which I intend to spoil.