Back to Today's Deal

Aven Colony - 11/24/19 - $3.99

Today’s deal is Aven Colony!

game-og-image%20(61)

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/484900/Aven_Colony/

Description:

YOUR DUTY

Do you think there’s anyone out there who’s just, like, so good at games like this that they could actually become some type of city planner or something? Granted, we haven’t spent hundreds of hours with Aven Colony yet, but man, some of the stuff we’ve seen people do in the trailers for this game look so much neater than our meager sloppy settlements, to the point that it made us all question whether or not these games are just supervillain recruitment programs with a super high fail rate. Is it a crazy notion? Probably. Has that ever stopped us before? Absolutely not.

And if there IS an incredible civics and city planning supervillain, what powers does the hero have? What are the morally good powers that can oppose like, making energy efficient neighborhoods and having good border defenses? Zerg Rush Man? Seems a bit topsy turvy, no? And how does destroying vital support structures translate into protecting the innocent and keeping the peace? C-could it be…that we’re actually the bad guys here? Have we been thinking about this all wrong?

Guys, turns out it’s absolutely vital that you buy yourselves a copy of Aven Colony, which by our admittedly very flawed logic seems to be the very thing that will impart the skills we need to help us save the world! And of course, we’re a business and it’s not TOTALLY free, but tell you what? How about we give it everything we got and score you a whoppin’ 87% discount? Simple choice for a hero like you, right? See you in space, my champions!

The official trailer for Aven Colony:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Wow! The lowest price Ive ever seen.

I shall create a society full of life and happiness. The perfect space utopia…

… And then burn it to the ground! I LOVE WATCHING CITIES IN DISASTER BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, firstly @K16, you scare me a little dude…

Secondly, and this might be a daft question, but is war / conflict a thing at all in this game or is it entirely city builder styled like Sim City et al? Getting the impression its the latter from reading around, but wanted to be sure.

Sim City and most city-builder franchises include disaster modes for a reason – it is just a ton of fun to press the save button and unleash hell on a virtual city! We’ve been doing this since SimCity (1989), huge fan of these types of games.

That was the major thing missing from Cities: Skylines initial release, but for $14.99 Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order added the Natural Disasters expansion (one of the highest rated and most popular paid DLC for C:S). It’s sitting on my wishlist just waiting to get added to my base game so I can create my own or download others’ cities and destroy them.

:poop: I have spoken. :poop: