Back to Today's Deal

Attack of the Earthlings - 10/9/19 - $7.50

Today’s deal is Attack of the Earthlings!

game-og-image

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/621930/Attack_of_the_Earthlings/

Description:

GENERAL BUGMAN

Please lower your wings and descend to the floor. Now, I want you to remember that no drone ever won a war by dying for his queen. He won it by making the poor dumb humans die for their planet. My Swarm, all this stuff you’ve heard about not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of beetle dung. Swarmers, traditionally, love to fight. All real Swarmers love the sting of battle.

When you were just tiny little larvae, you all admired the champion tunnel digger, the highest flyer, the guys with the strongest adhesive spit, the toughest carapace. Swarmers love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Swarmers play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a bug who lost and laughed. That’s why Swarmers have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Swarmers.

Now, a hive is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Swarmday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real battle than they do about laying eggs.

Now, we have the finest mandibles and exoskeletons, the best spirit, and the best bugs in the galaxy.

You know, in the name of the matriarch, I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By the queen, I do. We’re not just going to kill the bastards. We’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grow our bodies and birth our victory. We’re going to murder those lousy human bastards by the bushel.

The official trailer for Attack of the Earthlings:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

Sale price info:
This is the lowest Attack of the Earthlings has ever been individually discounted according to ITAD, previous low was $9.99 on Steam.

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Neat reverse XCOM game where you play as the aliens being invaded by us humans. The more melee based combat is kinda weird though. I mean why did they still call waiting to ambush and maime your enemy as an overwatch seeing as an overwatch refers to shooting at an enemy from a distance with a ranged attack weapon.

This game has fantastic writing. (Level titles include such gems as ‘It’s my party and I’ll die if I want to’.)

The gameplay, though…mechanically, it’s fine, but it just feels awful to play.

Not worth more than $3. Steer clear.

I got this game for FREE in the coin shop and uninstalled it pretty quickly. It is BORING. The mechanics aren’t fun, it feels not very well thought-out for a strategy game, it wasn’t even worth getting for free, in my opinion. I agree with Urbivore. Don’t buy this.

@glovetheglove

You do realize you got the game for free from a site that gave it to you, so technically beggars can’t be chosers so telling everyone to not buy this despite its flaws is kind of a backstab at chrono.gg. Also how sure are you that everyone might not like it? I kinda felt combat in this was too different from XCOM yes, but I still liked the idea of playing as the aliens this time around albeit a bit too clunkly though.

Their opinion isn’t worth anything less just because they got the game for free. There was no claim suggesting they thought no one would be able to enjoy it. People have different experiences and it’s fine for your opinion to differ from theirs, there’s no need for this combative clashing.