Back to Today's Deal

ARIDA: Backland's Awakening - 3/2/20 - $4.99

Today’s deal is ARIDA: Backland’s Awakening!

game-og-image%20(20)

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/907760/ARIDA_Backlands_Awakening/

Description:

THIRST TRAP

Look at it sitting there, glistening and cold, sweating bullets of pure condensation on the counter: a tall pint glass full of water. Some would call it the most ordinary thing in the world, some would call their old stand-by, some might even call it gross and boring, but really what it is is a gift, and one that is becoming harder to get at a rate that, let’s be honest, is a little unsettling. In that way that simple glass of water is also a horror story with the title D R O U G H T.

Now, before anyone gets too bummed out and tells us how to write happier copy for our quirky little online video game store, facing the reality of drought is exactly what today’s game is all about. But still, we get that some people wake up and read these every day just to laugh with us, so here’s a few random funny words to lighten the mood a little bit for ya: “Peenopoop” “Gravyhouse” “NuggetBear”.

But yeah, anyway, Cicera is a young girl living in the Brazilian backlands of the nineteenth century, which if you didn’t know that place existed, it does and it’s very cool. Yes, she’s dealing with a drought and going on adventures and trying to survive in a very specific historical setting, but this isn’t some weird “education first” game which values a set of facts over good gameplay and storytelling. It’s an explorable survival game with tons of neat things to craft, discover, and yes, learn, but it’s also the passion project of 8 Brazilian indie developers, who can hopefully enhance your perception of not just Brazil itself, but also that glass of water slowly warming on your counter.

Okay, fine. One more word: “Fungleporch.”

The official trailer for ARIDA: Backland’s Awakening:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧**

My method of survival consists of eating burning berries. I get plenty of rest from those healthy convulsions and foaming at the mouth. And look at me now! Survived and healthy, relaxing at the ICU!