All aboard the Chronobus!

So I was spending my day visiting the city of Nantes, France.

It’s there

Everything was going fine, the city was nice and I took some beautiful photos. Then, suddenly, I stumbled upond this!

Wow guys, I had no idea you were also running a bus line :smile:

I was super curious! Was it a bus that led directly to Chrono headquarters? Well I did my bit of research and it turns out (how surprising) that this bus line has absolutely nothing to do with Chrono.gg :thinking:
According to Wikipedia, it’s just a special name for certain bus lines of the city which use some special ways dedicated to buses, super-new vehicles and are more frequent than other buses.

Now as a graphic designer I’m familiar with logo plagiarism and I know this sucks. There are chances that the person who “designed” it thought nobody at Chrono would ever put a foot in Nantes (this is indeed pretty unlikely, unfortunately I went there and noticed :D), and so they thought this was going to be totally okay. On the other hand, googling “Chrono logo” gives a lot of similar results with the actual Chrono.gg logo showing up only after a bit of scrolling. It’s likely the designer, lacking inspiration, googled exactly that and then made by total accident this very similar logo.

Anyway, do whatever you want to do with the priceless information that a bus line in some French city has almost the same logo as Chrono :smiley:

have a nice day everyone :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Do they accept coins?

18 Likes

Most probably :joy:
Though I can’t be sure since I didn’t try to get in!

8 Likes

I’m going to say it’s more likely a case of an easy idea to reach. Making the suggestion of a clock out of an o in chrono is a rather simple idea a lot of people would reach independently, rather than any sort of intended plagiarism.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too ^^ As I said, googling “chrono logo” brings out a lot of similar logos (well, including Chrono’s) so that’s where they must have got the idea ^^
Though the choice of purple makes me wonder…

7 Likes

And you’re telling us you didn’t ride the bus?!

BLASPHEMY.

Cut off his coins supply for three days and three nights, boys. Let’s see how he’s gonna like that.

12 Likes

I was scared it would cost me too much Chronocoins to get in, and so I wouldn’t be able to buy the next games!

10 Likes

This one here, probably:

12 Likes

just like other company’s that use blue orbs as O’s in there logo too.

2 Likes

Hey that’s a nice looking gif!

3 Likes

It even rotates on it’s central axis properly! : )

7 Likes

Amazing! As @Ctouw mentioned, there are several brands that have very similar logos. Funnily enough, it was totally unintentional on our part, we just happened to hit upon a pretty common style.

11 Likes

Were the drivers dressed in PURPLE?:heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I have no idea, I actually didn’t see any Chronobus, just the bus stops :frowning:

3 Likes

Are they speed limited to below 88mph to stop you finishing your journey before you started?

1 Like

4 Likes