A message to regifters

I get what you’re saying, but the prospect of keys being bought out immediately is not something that will be happening some day, it’s happening now. When a cheap game comes out, it’s gone within a couple of hours. There is no need to adjust for any inflation because there is no inflation. There’s no economy. It’s a 1 way street. We get coins we spend coins. Those coins don’t then go back to Chrono.gg so that they can give them to others, they just get spent.

Look at the current shop. You think people can’t afford those games? Most people either already own them or don’t want them. Same will happen in the future. Yes, there will be a lot of people with a lot of coins, but that doesn’t mean that all games will be gone instantly. In fact, all it means is that games aren’t being bought up immediately, because if they were we wouldn’t have hoarders to begin with.

As well understand people might be using multiple accounts to max out that option which I think there should be more ruling as enforcement by doing the linking account to steam itself so people try using this service has a bit of a wall.

It’s not unfair because it’s a small number, but would still curb troublemakers. Somebody obstinate will always game the system, but making it slightly harder goes a long way.

“The indie developers get increased exposure and reach larger audiences”

You’re would be defeating a huge reason to donate games/keys to the store. Indie developers need exposure more than they need money - especially if they have a catalog of prior lesser known games.

I’ve actually found a few niche developers I’m keeping an eye on from the coin shop, I haven’t bought a single thing with real money because I haven’t see anything that peaked my interest yet…but I’ve found a few wishlist items I’ll be purchasing later from coin shop games.

2 Likes