A few ways to keep from missing out on the daily deals! ℹ

I’ve noticed a few community members looking for ways to stay on top of the daily deals, and some disappointed :disappointed::panda_face: pandas who missed out.

I’ve come up with a few solutions to help out those disappointed pandas and hope they can become a relaxed :relaxed::panda_face: panda!

I use Feed Notifier (on my desktop) so I don’t miss out on checking the daily deal.

These are my settings
Feed URL - https://206.81.1.216/c/daily-deals.rss
Feed Title - Chrono.gg
Feed Link - https://www.chrono.gg
Polling Interval - 1 (hours)

You can also set it to stay on top until dismissed (although annoying) under the Pop-ups tab, but even if you uncheck it the pop-up will still hover over the desktop which is nice.

While you’re on the go you can use the IFTTT web-service to receive a text message when there’s a new deal. You can also use the app on your Android or iOS device to get a notification, as well as use Pushbullet to forward those alerts just about anywhere.

Here are some IFTTT recipes I made.

IFTTT Recipe: On Chrono.gg Daily Deal RSS update, then send (me) a text chrono.gg connects feed to android-sms

IFTTT Recipe: On Chrono.gg Daily Deal RSS update, then send a notification to IFTTT app  chrono.gg connects feed to if-notifications

IFTTT Recipe: On Chrono.gg Daily Deal RSS update, then send Pushbullet a note chrono.gg connects feed to pushbullet
Redundant - see last method at the bottom.

IFTTT Recipe: On Chrono.gg Daily Deal RSS update, then send Pushbullet the link chrono.gg connects feed to pushbullet
Redundant - see last method at the bottom.

I just found this last method which covers everything above because you can get updates on your phone, desktop, or even in your browser! Here is an unofficial (as far as I know) Pushbullet channel for Chrono.gg. I discovered it minutes ago as I went to create a Pushbullet channel for the RSS feed, naming it chronogg which was taken.

I hope these different methods help can help some of you out! :wink:

26 Likes

From our friend @RumbleFrog, here’s another way to keep track of the daily deal:

Hello! Because of my terrible memory, I recently made a simple Steam bot with the sole purpose of notifying you of ChronoGG deals on a daily! I thought I would share it with everyone here.

Just simply add the bot, and you’re good to go!

Every day, around 1 PM (EST), the bot will send you a message with today’s deal, pricing and a brief description from Steam store. And in case you missed the message, you can use !replay to replay that day’s deal to you.

Bot Profile: Steam Community :: ChronoGG Notifier

Chat Screenshot:

11 Likes

Fantastic article. This will be very useful, thank you very much!

3 Likes

Awesome! I bet this will be very useful to a lot of people. I personally made this my daily routine. Every day 6pm German time I pick up my phone and see what the newest deal is! :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s great to know this is useful. :blush:

Here’s another! This shows you how you can setup a widget on your phone’s screen to show the daily deal. A PDF is attached below so you can take a better look and copy the URLs described in it as text!

chronnowidget.pdf (622.5 KB)

10 Likes

That’s cool

2 Likes

It sounds cool

2 Likes

Nice tips, thanks !

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the IFTTT recipe. Haven’t missed on my coins once since I’ve started to use it <3
I’mma check out the widget thing later.

Btw, tried to make my own recipe and the app doesn’t have enough info on the possible commands. I guess I’d need a guide to use it for something else than this -.-

2 Likes

Create recipes from the IFTTT website, Chronon. It’s practically impossible to do it from the app compared to the site. A good start is copying an existing recipe then modifying it.

Not exactly sure why those IFTTT images embedded properly… Also, the Android widget PDF instructions are a bit weaker than I thought when I went to recreate the same thing on another device. Just a heads up that anyone who wants to make one like that will have to play around with it a little bit on their own.

4 Likes

Is there no way to show the coin you have to click inside the notification from the feed? Or even better, just click it for you? I’m just a little bit salty because I nearly, finally had a one month streak until I had to go to hospital last week :frowning:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s no real easy way to add something like that into an RSS feed. RSS is just a few metadata text fields and each new post gets added on to the existing list. You can think of them sort of like a read-only web page. While it may be possible to stick the Coins button in, it would probably break the reader being used to display it.

I know it’s a bummer, but it won’t be so bad when you do hit your 30 day streak. You get a lot of Coins. I felt like I was behind because I missed out on the first week of Coins. In reality, by now everyone has a different amount of Coins so the playing field is level with those who started collecting on day one since there has been a few games in the Shop. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Plus, the whole idea is to get you to check out the site every day. :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

How about tampermonkey???Can i use it in the tampermonkey too???

1 Like

What are you trying to use in Tampermonkey? Userscripts only modify the webpage’s layout.

1 Like

You can do a lot more with tampermonkey than that…

1 Like

Yes, but my point was that it’s all client-side interaction (even though it can be used to “click” things). I don’t understand what hoas58 is trying to do/accomplish using Tampermonkey.

1 Like

That’s true of course, just wanted to make sure. I think there are many people out there who have no idea what tampermonkey actually is and only install it for e.g. dark themes etc.
I also have no idea what he tries to do and that would probably be interesting to know, if he wants to know if he is allowed to use it.

1 Like