Back to Today's Deal

2K Black Friday Sale - 11/23/18-11/25/18

Welcome to the 2K Black Friday Sale!

For the next 3 days, we’re selling some of the best games 2K has to offer at historically low prices. Multiple new deals will be added each day, so check back at 9AM Pacific!

game-promo-image

The Games:
BioShock® 1 - $4.50
BioShock® 2 - $4.50
BioShock Infinite - $6.50
BioShock: The Collection - $13
BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - $1.25
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 - $3.75
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 2 - $3.75
BioShock Infinite Season Pass - $5
BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den - $2.50
Borderlands - $4.50
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year - $8.50
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - $10.50
NBA 2K19 - $27.50
NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition - $45
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - $13
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - Digital Deluxe - $17.50
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Rise and Fall - $17.50
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $7
Sid Meier’s Pirates - $2.50
Mafia Triple Pack - $19
XCOM® 2 - $13.50
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - $9

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

Sweet Bioshock and Borderlands deals for @coralinecastell and @dtexneus :rofl:
Chrono listens to you! /s

that’s a pretty great sale boys

BioShock® 1 - $4.50 Buy it, buy it you maggot, but it but most importantly PLAY IT.

BioShock® 2 - $4.50 Meh, you can pass it up. Still not awful or anything.

BioShock Infinite - $6.50 I upgraded my pc to play this. If you have to do the same, do it AND PLAY IT.

Borderlands - $4.50 This, while being a very cool game, has been offered sometimes for 1€ and let’s be honest, it has a quite number of things to polish. However, you will want to play it ferociously after Borderlands 2 at the very least, because

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year - $8.50 I DON’T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO HIJACK A TRAIN, GET THE MONEY AND PLAY IT. Probably the most fun I had with any videogame, equally in the poll to Crash Bandicoot, Age of Empires series as well Empire Earth and WoW raids with good friends. I had more than 600 hours when I started playing some games again. And believe me, my second most played game on Steam has like 35 real hours or so.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - $10.50 It’s alright, decent, you will end up needing it if you play Borderlands 2 for more Borderlands.

NBA 2K19 - $27.50 and NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition - $45 I have no idea but they seem awful.

So, all in all, great sale. Not for me, because I have most of it, but pretty cool.

Edit for new games:

XCOM® 2 - $13.50 It’s a little higher that his lowerst price but still a very solid game wich you can enjoy with no DLC.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - $9 This one is marvelous for that price and I highly recommend you picking it, here’s my review of 22 of April, 2015 of the game on Steam:

Summary

Price : 7’29€ XCOM: Enemy Unknown with Enemy Within Expansion, Elite Soldier Pack and Slingshot DLC.

Stopped playing because I made emotional bonds with my assault team.

I don’t want to fight with aliens anymore, Rivera could be injured again and he has two kids. Seriously, Annie Wallace has post-traumatic disorder and Wilson is a true hero, he doesn’t deserve this. He captured four aliens alive alone and got injured many times, but never complained, never! He’s now in the hospital for two weeks and I’m afraid he wont be able to survive. I should used points in improving health insurance but I wanted laser weapons, hope you could forgive me someday Wilson.

Already lost too many good men in this stupid war.

PD: Actually Anne Wallace has PTD and Wilson have mental issues for all the battles he fought. It’s part of the game, it’s part of the war. Either you play, either you let those aliens eat your children. The true about this is I’ve been ceased for torturing and doing vivisections to those green skinny demons from outer space in the underground laboratory and I regret nothing.

And I will do it again, because we need it, all of you need me to do it, to do what nobody else want to do by themselves.

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

PD: Thanks for your service, Wilson.

Some thoughts on current deals…

• I highly recommend the BioShock collection for Bioshock 1, 2, and Minerva’s Den. Not so much Infinite… but hey, it’s there and Burial at Sea was okay.

• Borderlands 1 is a good game, but it hasn’t aged well and the port is kind of crap.

• Borderlands 2 is an improved game, but it’s aged even worse thanks to the awful writing (have fun awkwardly stumbling through the Minecraft cave that’s now six years behind the curve in references) and has performance issues on AMD. Overall, I don’t recommend it, but I know a million and a half people that do recommend it.

• Ignore the Pre-Sequel unless you’re a die-hard BL fan, in which case you probably didn’t need convincing anyway.

• I have no opinion on NBA 2K, I don’t play it.

As Eidos said, lots of great opportunities here for someone who doesn’t already own these games. Also, BioShock 1 is a masterpiece, and (opinion!) 2 is even more so.

Keep an eye out, since Day 2 will probably add the XCOM franchise. I highly recommend both Enemy Within and 2, as well as the original UFO Defense with OpenXcom.

Okay so I normally wouldn’t even ask as I shy away from these kinds of ports, but with my computer being a little potato, has anyone tried the IOS port of Bioshock 1? I’d still like to play it if it’s any good.

lonin! Where is Ernin8t0r and what have you done to that person?

(Worth mentioning that I will reverse names when Ernin8t0r posts instead of lonin.)

Wasn’t the game removed from App Store a while ago? I couldn’t find it when i had my IOS device. Also i think it didn’t get a 64 bit update so it might not even work on IOS 11 or later. :confused:

BioShock’s original version will run on a basic computer. It’s been a decade. You’ll just need some fixes for audio problems and such-- if you don’t mind the fact that audio quality is much better in the remaster and lighting has been overhauled, the original is my recommendation.

Five new games have been added to the sale!

Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - $13
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - Digital Deluxe - $17.50
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Rise and Fall - $17.50
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $7
Sid Meier’s Pirates - $2.50

The “Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI” & “Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - Digital Deluxe” pages on the home page have the “Civilization IV Official Trailer HD” game trailer on it (i.e. civ 4 instead of civ 6 videos).

I had a IMac a decade ago or so, and it went smoothly. That said, I’d like to remind you Apple downgraded over the years their IMacs (and other products) so you have to be careful. And yes, sometimes not only same specs but even lower from year to year, being more expensive. The key to avoid legal actions is to downgrade every part except one, usually the graphic card, because looking pretty sure it’s cool (I would lie if I said I didn’t enjoy the graphics there).

I thought about mentioning Sid Meier’s Pirates! In the end, I left it off my speculation because I figured it would be ignored. This is a pleasant surprise.

It’s an essential.

Pirates gets my full recommendation.

Sid Myers Pirates is probably one of my all time favorites. I’ve put way too much time into exploring all of the different options you have in fleet building and taking over ports and exploring and the like. It’s a pretty all around great game.

Still, my recommendation is to buy it on Xbox. The Xbox port is superior to the PC version thanks to a more guided main quest and some additional features; they also greatly improved the stealth mechanics to make it a bit more claustrophobic (the camera angle ruins the PC version imo) and made the character scale better, plus you can pull a transparent world map out during gameplay instead of pausing the game to check your world map.

It used to be a choice of playing either the PC version which is readily available but inferior, or buying the Xbox version (360 store or disc) to play at 480p on either an Xbox or 360. Thankfully, the One is backwards compatible now. What’s even more mindblowing is that it has X Enhancements… I’m insanely jealous of everyone who’s playing it at glorious 2880x2160.

Rise and Fall…was a major disappointment in that I felt 2K+Firaxis had all the systems in place at the time of launch but chose to carve it out and sell it as a DLC as their preferred method of attempting to milk $60+$30 from diehard Civ fans.

However, I am looking forward to Gathering Storm (expansion #2) as it is uniquely adding disasters for the first(?) time in the civilization franchise. Prior to this, only a few scenarios and mods explored the idea of catastrophes ruining your carefully planned empire. Everything else in Gathering Storm we’ve seen, from rising ocean levels (Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire), to World Congress (multiple Civ games) and Diplomatic Victory option (multiple), to “new” techs…but I anticipate it will be a legitimate source of change and fun, especially if they tie in the espionage systems correctly with diplomacy and disaster systems.

In my mind, I envision being able to launch satellites over enemy territory, conduct orbital surveys of geological formations (since they probably would block ground geologists at the borders), discover one of the mountains near an enemy capital is near a fault-line and is a dormant volcano, send a spy in, set off a large enough explosive charge to trigger an earthquake thus triggering the eruption of the volcano, blanketing the city in ash and lowering continental (and possibly global) temperatures. Obviously just a supervillain at heart, but Diety is hard! Gotta take every advantage! :female_detective:

The final day is upon us, three new games have been added!

Mafia Triple Pack - $19
XCOM® 2 - $13.50
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - $9

Called it lol